Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/09/01 09:19:53 UTC

RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/serialize/OutputFormat running Ant from Eclipse

Hi Brian,

This comes from the xerces jar. We're using Xerces in the Ant
<cactifywar>/<cactus> tasks, so it has to be somewhere in your CP.

This is a good entry for the FAQ. I've added an entry on
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-cactus/FrequentlyAskedQuestions. Please check
it and let me know if it helps.

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Brian Preston <br...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply. I added the xerces jar to
the classpath and it resolved that problem. But now
I'm stuck on the same problem described in the "RE:
Workaround for running Cactus-Ant-Task from within
Eclipse" thread :

[cactus] Couldn't find tools.jar (needed for JSP
compilation)

I have put the tools.jar in my system classpath as
well as the ant runtime classpath and that didn't
resolve it.

Brian

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush