Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 14:07:25 UTC

Graduation to TLP

Hi all,

Even though it has been a bit quiet on the mailing list, we have been
working hard on graduation. The resolution and vote on the general list has
been successful, and the resolution has now been passed by the board.

This means I can congratulate anyone involved in this project during
incubation with the graduation of Apache Celix to a top level project! I do
hope everyone will stay around to follow to progress outside the incubator
as well!

It has been a long, but great, ride, and I'd like to thank anyone who has
been helping us, either as a user, contributor or committer. Specials
thanks go to our mentors, who have been with us during incubation. Without
their help we wouldn't have come this far at all!

Since I am on a business trip now, and on vacation directly afterwards, I
won't be able to work on the next steps of moving to a TLP. If anyone else
can pick stuff up, that would be great! If not, eg due to vacations, I will
take a look at it as soon as possible!

With kind regards,

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: Graduation to TLP

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for picking this up Konstantin! At the moment I am at home, but will
be leaving on Tuesday again :). So I do have some (limited) time to do a
view things. I'll start looking through the actions I (as chair) should do.

Some items have already been done:
* The website is moved, a redirect is in place. There is still the issue
that the new url doesn't have a subdirectory, so instead of showing the
site, celix.apache.org shows one single directory. This requires some
moving of files in SVN, not sure if there is any impact on the svnpubsub
and scripts being involved.
* Also, the website needs to be updated to reflect graduation. Anyone of
the committers can help here, using the bookmarklet usually is the easiest
[1].
* The dev@celix. list is already working, and I guess the subscribers have
been migrated as well.
* I am not sure of the private list, will need to look into that one.

If there is anything I should look into, please say so, I'll try to respond
ASAP.

[1]: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: Graduation to TLP

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Guys,

RE: Graduation to TLP

Posted by VAN HEES Rene <re...@nl.thalesgroup.com>.
Congrats to all. Great piece of work.

René

Re: Graduation to TLP

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Guys,

I will be happy to help with the graduation as much as needed/time permits.
Please let me know which parts I should pick up.

Congrats on the graduation to all!

Re: Graduation to TLP

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Alexander Broekhuis
<a....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Even though it has been a bit quiet on the mailing list, we have been
> working hard on graduation. The resolution and vote on the general list has
> been successful, and the resolution has now been passed by the board.
>
> This means I can congratulate anyone involved in this project during
> incubation with the graduation of Apache Celix to a top level project! I do
> hope everyone will stay around to follow to progress outside the incubator
> as well!
>
> It has been a long, but great, ride, and I'd like to thank anyone who has
> been helping us, either as a user, contributor or committer. Specials
> thanks go to our mentors, who have been with us during incubation. Without
> their help we wouldn't have come this far at all!
>
> Since I am on a business trip now, and on vacation directly afterwards, I
> won't be able to work on the next steps of moving to a TLP. If anyone else
> can pick stuff up, that would be great! If not, eg due to vacations, I will
> take a look at it as soon as possible!

Woot! From me a special congrats for Alexander, he has been involved
in Apache Celix from the beginning and has shown the wisdom and
patience ;) needed to graduation to TLP.

I will be on holiday from the next week, but after that I will gladly
help with the next steps.

Greetings,
Pepijn

Re: Graduation to TLP

Posted by er...@jansman.eu.
Congratulations everyone. It's nice to see the project graduate. Nice job
everyone.

Regards,

Erik

Re: Graduation to TLP