Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Mike McGonagle <mj...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/07 19:04:35 UTC

Newbie Question: Installation on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Hello all,

I had checked the archives and hoped to find some info on using the
FTP server in a Mac OS X environment. But, I found nothing. (If I
missed something, please point it out...)

Basically, I am hoping to consolidate my email and ftp servers onto
one machine. While I do not have it currently installed, I am planning
to use James for the Email, and figured that it would be a good
compliment to use the FTP server as well.

Any info on getting this installed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike McGonagle

Re: Newbie Question: Installation on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

   I could not test the FTP server in Mac box as I do
not have access to it. Ideally, there should not be
any issue. I can think of one thing.

There are no scripts to run in a Mac box. The
classpath would be (assuming the current directory is
the installation directory)

./common/lib/commons-logging-1.0.3.jar;./common/lib/log4j-1.2.12.jar;./common/lib/ftpserver-dev.jar;./common/classes

The main class is
org.apache.ftpserver.commandline.CommandLine (non-ui
mode)

or

org.apache.ftpserver.gui.ServerFrame (ui mode)

Please let us know if you have any issues to run it in
Mac OS. We are really interested to seee it run in
Mac.

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya

http://mail.yahoo.com