Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@devsys.jaguNET.com> on 1999/06/21 15:53:32 UTC

1.3.7/1.4.0 Release

There's a few patches that are "supposed" to be commited. There's the
mass-vhosting one and Ralf's EAPI for example. Ralf's 'mm' would be
nice but we'd need to have it fit into the source since it's
autconf driven right now :(

Unless someone else adds the vhost one, I'll do it late tonight.

Re: 1.3.7/1.4.0 Release

Posted by Khimenko Victor <ap...@khim.sch57.msk.ru>.
21-Jun-99 17:26 you wrote:
RS> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>> There's a few patches that are "supposed" to be commited. There's the
>> mass-vhosting one and Ralf's EAPI for example.

RS> I'm -1 on anything that will

RS> a) force mod_php and/or mod_perl to issue a new release in order
RS>    to build against our base 1.3.7 release (unless they already
RS>    have to do so to work with the current HEAD), OR
RS> b) require us to go through a 1.4.0 beta cycle.

RS> We're trying to put the 1.3 series to bed; 2.0 has enough stuff
RS> in it that big changes should go there.  It's not the pipe dream
RS> it was two years ago when we started 1.3.

EAPI does not affect mod_php and/or mod_perl. You can add few tricks to
mod_php and/or mod_perl (like PERL_SSI with DSO) but existing versions will
work just fine...

Re: 1.3.7/1.4.0 Release

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

--
#ken    P-)}

Re: 1.3.7/1.4.0 Release

Posted by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> There's a few patches that are "supposed" to be commited. There's the
> mass-vhosting one and Ralf's EAPI for example. Ralf's 'mm' would be
> nice but we'd need to have it fit into the source since it's
> autconf driven right now :(
>
> Unless someone else adds the vhost one, I'll do it late tonight.

I'd like to get the win32 socket sharing patch in, assuming I can get it
working and tested on Win95/95. And there are several PRs about child
threads
going into tight loops on systems running CGIs to serve multi-megs of
content.

Bill

Re: 1.3.7/1.4.0 Release

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca>.
> There's a few patches that are "supposed" to be commited. There's the
> mass-vhosting one and Ralf's EAPI for example. Ralf's 'mm' would be
> nice but we'd need to have it fit into the source since it's
> autconf driven right now :(
>
> Unless someone else adds the vhost one, I'll do it late tonight.

I have some AIX apxs work to do still which would be nice to get in before
the next release.  Currently in Toronto packing my apartment into little
boxes.  I won't be able to work on this until Wednesday.

-Rasmus