Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by 牛兆捷 <nz...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/27 08:20:27 UTC

linear and nonlinear performance improvement

I run one 20GB sort example using Hadoop yarn 2.0.2-alpha being profiled.

I run the sort example on 1, 2 ,4 and 8 node ,
then runtime of them are 1014, 470, 251 and 150 second. It's nonlinear.

1. Why the performance improve more than twice when I double the nodes from
1 to 2 ?
2. After 2 nodes, why the performance improve nonlinearly when I double the
nodes?

Anyone know the detail of these scene in yarn?

--
*Sincerely,*
*Zhaojie*