Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/13 22:10:43 UTC

JSR250 in the lib

Hello guys,

I just decided to upgrade my build from 3.5.0 to 3.6.2 last night and I
stumbled across multiple problems, latest one being the following exception:

Nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.annotation.Resource.lookup()Ljava/lang/String;

Seems like maven 3.6.2 comes with jsr-250-api-1.0.jar in the lib/ folder
and that seems to cause problems for me because I have moneta in my
classpath which brings newer version of jsr250:

[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:3.1.1:tree (default-cli) @ drmartens ---
[INFO] com.demo:drmartens:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] \-
com.nemesis.platform:nemesis-platform-core:jar:2.1.67.BUILD-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO]    \- org.javamoney:moneta:pom:1.3:compile
[INFO]       \- javax.annotation:javax.annotation-api:jar:1.3.2:compile
[INFO]

So I was able to fix this following this recommendation:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52607814/how-to-remove-a-maven-lib-jsr250-api-1-0-jar-from-the-plugin-classpath-jetty
using extensions, but I was wondering: why do we need the JSR250 in the lib
folder? Also why do we need such an old version?
--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: JSR250 in the lib

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 on Tibor's proposal

На пн, 14.10.2019 г. в 13:03 ч. Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>
написа:

Re: JSR250 in the lib

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Petar,

can you create a JIRA issue[1] for it plus a PR based on the advice of
Stuart.
You should be able to verify the change for yourself, if upgrading the
dependency works.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG

Re: JSR250 in the lib

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Didn't say it was difficult ;)

The point is that we can't revert the fact to use these annotations as
previously explained so we must leave with them and ensure user can use its
own api in mojos, this is why i suggested adding a classloader (like
ClassRealm) doing the dispatching for these API.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: JSR250 in the lib

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.

Re: JSR250 in the lib