Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Yair Even-Zohar <ya...@audiencescience.com> on 2009/03/05 21:39:59 UTC

new scripts for Hbase 0.19.0 on EC2 - HBASE-838

I rewrote Michael Gottesman Hbase EC2 Utilities to match the newer
release 0.19.0 and after finishing up with the legal stuff (thanks to
AudienceScience.com) I loaded them to HBASE-838

Simple usage:

1) tar -xf hbaseEC2Ssripts.tar

- (yep, I just couldn't do without at least 1 typo)

2) vi bin-019/hbase-ec2-env.sh

- and modify your account ID, key, secret key and bucket_name

3) bin-019/hbase-ec2 create-image

and now you have your own AMI

4) bin-019/hbase-ec2 launch-cluster <groupName> <number of slaves>

Enjoy

-Yair

Re: new scripts for Hbase 0.19.0 on EC2 - HBASE-838

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
If you don't get to it first, I'll add an ec2 wiki page linked from the
hbase main page that has the below for content.

Thanks to you and (audiencescience.com) for the contrib.

St.Ack

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I put up a page linked off our wiki home page.  Thanks Yair.