Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by øyvind sørensen <oy...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/24 05:51:48 UTC

How to download your program?

I was in need of an office program for my job applications, and a search on google directed me to your openoffice.I had great difficulties downloading the software on your download site: http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.htmlIcould not find a link where i could download this, only extensions and templates, while this could be interesting they are worthless without  the main program.So i downloaded kingsoft office instead, because they were easily obtainable, but i had problems utilizing their program.Then i did more (several) google search for openoffice download, and after dismissing CNET and other ways to get your software i finally got a downloadable solution. I do not know what i did or how i got there, but i can say that I am now happy with your software and have got the documents i needed written and PDF-ified
I write this so that other can enjoy the benefit of using your very great software.Please make a link to download <Apache openoffice.exe> on yor website.

I tro, håp og kjærlighet Øyvind Sørensen

Re: How to download your program?

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/27/2014 03:49 AM, schrieb øyvind sørensen:

> Hello Mr. Marcus, I am just so happy to be of service. I really do hope you get somehing productive out of this.

yes, thanks to the data.

> I want to tell you that when i  tried to download the openoffice program from your website in google chrome, it was now partly accessible.
> ---In Firefox i can get the: English us 4.0.1 version, by clicking on the big green box. (I use Firefox to see American Netflix, due to poor Norwegian content, so I have installed an add-on (Media Hint which are disabled while i check this))

That looks good. Maybe you have setup en-US as primary language in
Firefox because you get an AOO 4.0.1 en-US download link offered.

> ---In Google Chrome i can get the: Norwegian bokmål 3.4.1 version, by clicking on the big green box. But within the box there are a link to this site which is what i look for, http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html.

The data shows the following which is also correct:

Download Apache OpenOffice
Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Windows (EXE) and Norsk (Bokmål) (Norwegian
(Bokmal)) is not available.
Click here to choose from the alternative download webpage.

> If you would like more help, please feel free to ask, as I said In the start of this reply I am just too happy to be of help.

At the moment I can see that the green boxes are working correct.

And Norwegian should be now available with download link in the yellow box.

Thanks for your help.

Marcus

Posted by øyvind sørensen <oy...@hotmail.com>.

Hello Mr. Marcus, I am just so happy to be of service. I really do hope you get somehing productive out of this.
I want to tell you that when i  tried to download the openoffice program from your website in google chrome, it was now partly accessible.
---In Firefox i can get the: English us 4.0.1 version, by clicking on the big green box. (I use Firefox to see American Netflix, due to poor Norwegian content, so I have installed an add-on (Media Hint which are disabled while i check this))
---In Google Chrome i can get the: Norwegian bokmål 3.4.1 version, by clicking on the big green box. But within the box there are a link to this site which is what i look for, http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html.

And so I continue to report the testresults:

Here from Firefox:

The Free and Open Productivity Suite

  Happy Document Freedom Day 2014!

    ProductDownloadSupportBlogExtendDevelopFocus AreasNative Language

  Download Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1Click here to download for:
Windows (EXE) and English (US) | ~137 MByte | Released: 2013-Oct-01

Signatures and hashes: KEYS , ASC , MD5 , SHA256 , How to verify? | Release Notes |
Get all platforms, languages, language packs | Source code and SDK |
Portable USB versions and third-party ports | Old and legacy version: 3.4.1 + 3.3.0

  Browser variables	Valuesnavigator.appCodeName			Mozillanavigator.appName				Netscapenavigator.appVersion			5.0 (Windows)navigator.platform				Win32navigator.oscpu				Windows NT 6.3; WOW64navigator.cpuClass				undefinednavigator.product				Geckonavigator.productSub			20100101navigator.vendor
navigator.vendorSub
navigator.language				en-USnavigator.browserLanguage			undefinednavigator.userLanguage			undefinednavigator.systemLanguage			undefinednavigator.userAgent			Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0Stable Release	 JavaScript functions/variables	ValuesLanguage name				English (US)Language ISO code				en-USLanguage array data			en-US,English (US),English (US),y,http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.htmlRelease matrix platform position		10Release matrix platform array data		Win_x86_install,y,137,Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exeUI platform name				Windows (EXE)URL platform name				Win_x86_installFile name					Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exeFile extension				.exeFile size (MByte)				137Download file link				http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/downloadChecksum file link (here for MD5)		http://www.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.0.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe.md5getLink()					http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/downloadhasMirrorLink() ?				trueOld platform ?				falseContains link to Sourgeforge ? 		trueContains link to 'other.html' ?		falseContains link to archived build ?		falseGeneral error ?				false

        Copyright & License |
        Privacy |
		Website Feedback |
        Contact Us |
		Donate |
        Thanks

        Apache, the Apache feather logo, and OpenOffice are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.
        OpenOffice.org and the seagull logo are registered trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.
        Other names appearing on the site may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Here from Googles Chrome: The Free and Open Productivity SuiteHappy Document Freedom Day 2014!Product Download Support Blog Extend Develop Focus Areas Native Languagehome » download » testDownload Apache OpenOfficeApache OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Windows (EXE) and Norsk (Bokmål) (Norwegian (Bokmal)) is not available. Click here to choose from the alternative download webpage.Release Notes | Get all platforms, languages, language packs | Source code and SDK | Portable USB versions and third-party ports | Old and legacy version: 3.4.1 + 3.3.0 Browser variablesValuesnavigator.appCodeNameMozillanavigator.appNameNetscapenavigator.appVersion5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36navigator.platformWin32navigator.oscpuundefinednavigator.cpuClassundefinednavigator.productGeckonavigator.productSub20030107navigator.vendorGoogle Inc.navigator.vendorSub
navigator.languagenbnavigator.browserLanguageundefinednavigator.userLanguageundefinednavigator.systemLanguageundefinednavigator.userAgentMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36Stable Release JavaScript functions/variablesValuesLanguage nameNorsk (Bokmål)Language ISO codenbLanguage array datanb,Norwegian (Bokmal),Norsk (Bokmål),y,http://www.openoffice.org/no/Release matrix platform position-1Release matrix platform array data
UI platform nameWindows (EXE)URL platform nameWin_x86_installFile name
File extension.exeFile size (MByte)0Download file linkhttp://www.openoffice.org/no/Checksum file link (here for MD5)
getLink()http://www.openoffice.org/no/hasMirrorLink() ?trueOld platform ?falseContains link to Sourgeforge ?falseContains link to 'other.html' ?trueContains link to archived build ?falseGeneral error ?trueCopyright & License | Privacy | Website Feedback | Contact Us | Donate | ThanksApache, the Apache feather logo, and OpenOffice are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. OpenOffice.org and the seagull logo are registered trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. Other names appearing on the site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
If you would like more help, please feel free to ask, as I said In the start of this reply I am just too happy to be of help.
Deuteronomy chapter 22 verse 4
It read here how the Israelites are obliged to help if they see their countrymans oxen fall over, I do see this in conjunction with the word of Jesus where He tell us to love our neighbour as ourself.
And I do believe OpenOffice to be your oxen.

Happy work Mr. Marcus.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by øyvind sørensen <oy...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Thanks for the data.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I suspect that what the OP meant to write was:

"I was in need of an office program for my job applications, and a
search on google directed me to your openoffice.I had great
difficulties downloading the software on your download site:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html I could not find a link
where i could download this, only extensions and templates, while this
could be interesting they are worthless without  the main program."

(I have editted the above to add a couple of spaces only)

If so, then perhaps the autodetection was not working for the OP.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org>.