Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com> on 2015/02/03 14:59:43 UTC

Emails with commits

Could emails with commits be more compact?

It seems that apache git server send separate e-mail for each commit, but
could it be configured to send email for push and join commits in one
e-mail?

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Emails with commits

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 02:36PM, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 03.02.2015 23:38, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> >> I have no idea. It is kind of painful to look at the commit mails,
> >> especially compared to those produced by Subversion. :)
> > C'mon, that's just your deep Git hatred talking... ;)
>
> What? I don't hate Git, far from it. I just think that gitficionados' PR
> is juvenile at best.

Aha, a denial now. Sorry man - was just pulling your leg ;)

  Cos

Re: Emails with commits

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 03.02.2015 23:38, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 03:06PM, Branko Čibej wrote:
>> On 03.02.2015 14:59, Alexey Kuznetsov wrote:
>>> Could emails with commits be more compact?
>>>
>>> It seems that apache git server send separate e-mail for each commit, but
>>> could it be configured to send email for push and join commits in one
>>> e-mail?
>> I have no idea. It is kind of painful to look at the commit mails,
>> especially compared to those produced by Subversion. :)
> C'mon, that's just your deep Git hatred talking... ;)

What? I don't hate Git, far from it. I just think that gitficionados' PR
is juvenile at best.

-- Brane

Re: Emails with commits

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.