Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/01 05:34:22 UTC

Re: Brainstorm: Make TC Run All faster

Nikolay,

> I thought by "faster" we all meant time between One push RunAll button and one get results.
> What else definition are possible here?

But this "faster" depends on a current load. E.g. if we have a lot of
idle slaves then incresead parallelism will allow a build to complete
"faster". If we have many slaves busy than parallelism might "slow"
down an execution. I predict that you are mostly interested in average
metrics when TC has a build queue as it usually have on weekdays. If
so then aggregatin other related jobs into "Build Apache Ignite" might
speed execution of RunAll measured in wall clock time.

And also I would like to return to a point I already mentioned earlier
in other conversations. Our CI environment suites perfectly for an
agile way of working. I suppose that we could try different setups
almost freely and see if it gives a desired effect (and rollback if
no). I am ok to go with Vyacheslav proposal. But I would like to
observe some metrics showing that builds become running faster than
before. Can we do this?

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Brainstorm: Make TC Run All faster

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for adding staistics! With a good measure we can easily
compare different setups.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin