Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Susan Cline <sl...@informix.com> on 2001/08/01 21:38:39 UTC

SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception, java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Hi,

I have Soap 2.2 with jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 working on a Windows2000
box.  Now I would like
to get it working on a Solaris 7 box (using jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3 instead,
however.)

I am able to list and deploy a service via the browser interface, but when
I try to run it from the command
line I get the error messages stated in the subject line above.

Looking at some of the previous problems folks have had with this error
message, it appears
to most commonly be a CLASSPATH problem.  I've checked my CLASSPATH several
times and
can't find my error.

Here is the command I am issuing to try to prove to me my SOAP installation
is a good one;

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://xxx.147.88.xxx:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

Ouch, the call failed:
   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
   Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Here's the CLASSPATH I use to start the tomcat server as well as the
CLASSPATH I am using in the
environment to test the above command.  Since I can deploy a service
through the browser, I thought
this CLASSPATH would work;

/local1/Xerces/xerces-1_4_1/xerces.jar:/local1/Soap/soap-2_2/lib/soap.jar:/l
ocal1/Soap/javamail-1.2/mail.jar:/local1/Soap/jaf-1.0.1/activation.jar:/loca
l1/Soap/soap-2_2:/local1/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/servlet.jar

Can anyone see anything wrong with my CLASSPATH?

Does anyone have a working installation of tomcat 3.2.3 with soap 2.2 on
Solaris 7 with jdk1.3.1?
If so, do you see something I've missed.

Thanks for your help,

Susan Cline

RE: SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception, java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Posted by Susan Cline <sl...@informix.com>.
Thanks Matt.

Indeed, I was using tomcat's parser.jar.  I needed to edit my tomcat.sh and
make
sure I put xerces.jar in front of the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib jars.

I made the mistake of just sourcing an environment file prior to starting
tomcat without
editing tomcat.sh directly.

Your tool was very helpful to show me I was using the wrong parser.

Thanks!

Susan

Posted by Susan Cline <sl...@informix.com>.
Thanks Matt.