Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by "Alex K." <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/20 09:25:48 UTC

Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Hi,

1) I'm running the below code to generate an IssueRequestSeurityToken and
embed
it to a SOAPMessage .. By creating the securityToken I get the tag "wst:"
for the TokenType and RequestType which is fine. Thought after generating
the SOAPMessage I get "NS1:" tag for these elements which makes me unable to
get their value later by calling getTokenType() and getRequestType() (they
always return null).

I have enclosed the related output as well .

What am I doing wrong here ??

2) What is the constant value for X509 certificates ???

Thanks for any help

Alex.

/*'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' CODE ''''*/

SOAPEnvelope reqSOAPMessage =new SOAPEnvelope();
SOAPBodyElement sbe =null;
Document requestDoc =null;
WSSConfig wssconfig =WSSConfig.getDefaultWSConfig();
IssueRequestSecurityToken requestToken =null;
try {
requestDoc =stsReqSOAPMessage.getAsDocumen t();
requestToken =new IssueRequestSecurityToken(requestDoc);

// just for test
requestToken.setRequestType(TrustConstants.ISSUE_SECURITY_TOKEN);
requestToken.setTokenType(WSConstants.X509TOKEN_NS);

logger.debug(requestToken.toString());

sbe =new SOAPBodyElement(requestToken.getElement());
sbe.setName(SRVConstants.SRV_REQ.toString());
reqSOAPMessage.addBodyElement(sbe);

logger.debug(reqSOAPMessage.toString());

<wst:RequestSecurityToken xmlns:wst="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust"<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust%22>

<wst:RequestType>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/Issue
</wst:RequestType>
<wst:TokenType>
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-=
1.0
</wst:TokenType>
</wst:RequestSecurityToken>

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope=
/"
xmlns:xsd=D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance%22>

<soapenv:Body><ns1:RequestSecurityToken xmlns:ns1="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust"<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust%22>

<ns1:RequestType>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/Issue
</ns1:RequestType>
<ns1:TokenType>
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-=
1.0
</ns1:TokenType>
</ns1:RequestSecurityToken> </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

I updated the serialization/deserialization of the message elements of
the WS-Trust requests. Now when you try to get the values they should
work properly.

I noticed that u did :
sbe.setName(SRVConstants.SRV_REQ.toString())
to set 'RequestSecurityToken' as the element local name. This is not
really necessary since it is added by IssueRequestSecurityToken.

I'm not sure about the token type URI to be used for X509 Certs, (A
quick glance at the WS-Trust and WS-SecurityPolicy specs wasn't much
help :-( ) but will try to have a look at the constant value used in
WSE 3.0 impl [1] .. have to get hold of a Windows box and get the .NET
2.0 and WSE 3.0 installed :-).

Thanks
Ruchith

[1]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wseref/html/T_Microsoft_Web_Services2_Security_WSTrust_TokenTypes.asp

--
Ruchith

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

I'm sorry I cannot commit to any time frame right now... but I'll try
to have a look at this over the weekend :-)

Also according to ref[1] the trust2 stuff is functional. You might
want to give it a go as well.

Thanks
Ruchith

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-wss4j-dev/200509.mbox/%3c433EA8FC.7010409@virginia.edu%3e

--
Ruchith

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

--
Ruchith

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

--
Ruchith

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by "Alex K." <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruchith,

Posted by "Alex K." <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruchith,

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

--
Ruchith

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

--
Ruchith

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by "Alex K." <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for ur reply.

Posted by "Alex K." <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for ur reply.

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Ruchith

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Ruchith

Re: Problem !! embbeding an IssueSecurityToken to SOAPMessage ??

Posted by "Alex K." <al...@gmail.com>.
I would be really appreciated for any help. I got stuck here and no idea how
to solve it. I'm wondering why after adding the body element (see the below
code) to SOAP message "wst:RequestSecurityToken" changes to "/ns1" ???

Thanks

Alex.

On 10/20/05, Alex K. <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) I'm running the below code to generate an IssueRequestSeurityToken and
> embed
> it to a SOAPMessage .. By creating the securityToken I get the tag "wst:"
> for the TokenType and RequestType which is fine. Thought after generating
> the SOAPMessage I get "NS1:" tag for these elements which makes me unable
> get their value later by calling getTokenType() and getRequestType() (they
> always return null).
>
> I have enclosed the related output as well .
>
> What am I doing wrong here ??
>
> 2) What is the constant value for X509 certificates ???
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Alex.
>

> /*'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' CODE ''''*/
>

> SOAPEnvelope reqSOAPMessage =new SOAPEnvelope();
> SOAPBodyElement sbe =null;
> Document requestDoc =null;
> WSSConfig wssconfig =WSSConfig.getDefaultWSConfig();
> IssueRequestSecurityToken requestToken =null;
> try {
> requestDoc =stsReqSOAPMessage.getAsDocumen t();
> requestToken =new IssueRequestSecurityToken(requestDoc);
>
> // just for test
> requestToken.setRequestType(TrustConstants.ISSUE_SECURITY_TOKEN);
> requestToken.setTokenType(WSConstants.X509TOKEN_NS);
>
> logger.debug(requestToken.toString());
>

> sbe =new SOAPBodyElement( requestToken.getElement());
> sbe.setName(SRVConstants.SRV_REQ.toString());
> reqSOAPMessage.addBodyElement(sbe);
>
> logger.debug(reqSOAPMessage.toString());
> ...... OUT PUT

// SecurityTokenElement

Posted by "Alex K." <al...@gmail.com>.
I would be really appreciated for any help. I got stuck here and no idea how
to solve it. I'm wondering why after adding the body element (see the below
code) to SOAP message "wst:RequestSecurityToken" changes to "/ns1" ???

Thanks

Alex.

On 10/20/05, Alex K. <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) I'm running the below code to generate an IssueRequestSeurityToken and
> embed
> it to a SOAPMessage .. By creating the securityToken I get the tag "wst:"
> for the TokenType and RequestType which is fine. Thought after generating
> the SOAPMessage I get "NS1:" tag for these elements which makes me unable
> get their value later by calling getTokenType() and getRequestType() (they
> always return null).
>
> I have enclosed the related output as well .
>
> What am I doing wrong here ??
>
> 2) What is the constant value for X509 certificates ???
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Alex.
>

> /*'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' CODE ''''*/
>

> SOAPEnvelope reqSOAPMessage =new SOAPEnvelope();
> SOAPBodyElement sbe =null;
> Document requestDoc =null;
> WSSConfig wssconfig =WSSConfig.getDefaultWSConfig();
> IssueRequestSecurityToken requestToken =null;
> try {
> requestDoc =stsReqSOAPMessage.getAsDocumen t();
> requestToken =new IssueRequestSecurityToken(requestDoc);
>
> // just for test
> requestToken.setRequestType(TrustConstants.ISSUE_SECURITY_TOKEN);
> requestToken.setTokenType(WSConstants.X509TOKEN_NS);
>
> logger.debug(requestToken.toString());
>

> sbe =new SOAPBodyElement( requestToken.getElement());
> sbe.setName(SRVConstants.SRV_REQ.toString());
> reqSOAPMessage.addBodyElement(sbe);
>
> logger.debug(reqSOAPMessage.toString());
> ...... OUT PUT

// SecurityTokenElement