Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by Tim Tisdall <ti...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/04 20:04:11 UTC

multi-product components?

I see how to enter different products and I see how to enter components.
 However, shouldn't the components be dependent on a particular product?

For example, if I have products such as "database" and "game" and
components "joystick control" and "btree indexes".  When I create a ticket
for the "game" product I don't think I should be able to select "btree

Or am I not understanding the intended use of those categories?

-Tim

Re: multi-product components?

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 6/5/13, Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 5 June 2013 17:11, Tim Tisdall <ti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> k..  I'll wait for the next version then.  I tried manually adding
>> /products/someproduct into my URL but it didn't seem to make any
>> difference
>> when creating new components.  I'm guessing the multiproduct support just
>> isn't complete in 0.5.3.
>>
>> -Tim
>>

> You're right, 0.5.3 came out shortly after we just had a basic
> implementation. There has been a lot of progress since. We've taken
> unusually long to get 0.6 released, but the vote for it will likely happen
> in the next few days.

JFTR , the fact that it took so long to release a new version after
0.5.3 also means that major improvements and new features will be
offered; one of them being the actual separation of resources (<=
everything e.g. wiki , components, milestones, permissions, ...)
per-product.

Olemis.

Re: multi-product components?

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
On 5 June 2013 17:11, Tim Tisdall <ti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> k..  I'll wait for the next version then.  I tried manually adding
> /products/someproduct into my URL but it didn't seem to make any difference
> when creating new components.  I'm guessing the multiproduct support just
> isn't complete in 0.5.3.
>
> -Tim

You're right, 0.5.3 came out shortly after we just had a basic
implementation. There has been a lot of progress since. We've taken
unusually long to get 0.6 released, but the vote for it will likely happen
in the next few days.

- Joe

--
Joachim Dreimann | *User Experience Manager*

WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*

e. joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com
twitter @jdreimann <https://twitter.com/jdreimann>

Re: multi-product components?