Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Chad Brandt <cb...@cariboulake.com> on 2002/02/22 15:13:29 UTC

New to Slide

I have downloaded Slide 1.0.16 and have it installed and working. I am
using the Tomcat 4 distribution that comes integrated with slide. If I want
to build a new web application that uses slide do I need to do anything
besides dropping my war file in the webapps directory? I noticed all the
jar files are in common/lib directory so I assume they are accessible to
all war files, is this correct? I have documents stored in a mySQL database
that I setup in the slide.def file I have place the documents there via
webDAV currently. If I put a war file in the webapps folder and access the
slide API would this current store be the one accessed. If I want to add a
document and add additional metadata for the document do I have to build a
form to upload the file and go the the Slide API to add and populate the
metadata?

I would greatly appreciate any help

Thanks
Chad