Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Peter Pezaris <pe...@commissioner.com> on 2000/02/28 19:03:31 UTC

Job Posting: Senior and Junior Software Engineer

Commissioner.COM, a New York based internet software development
company, is looking to hire highly motivated, bright individuals to
work in a fast-paced, fun, casual environment.  The positions are
based in "Silicon Alley" in downtown Manhattan, in the heart of an
energetic and thriving business community.

Our flagship product is a web-based fantasy sports software system
currently used by over 500,000 people world-wide and is distributed
through our high profile strategic partners including Major League
Baseball, CBS SportsLine, Excite, Netscape, USA Today Baseball
Weekly and CricInfo. The opportunities that lie ahead are endless,
and our success will be judged by how rapidly and effectively we can
grow to meet the needs of the exploding on-line fantasy sports
market.

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

We are looking to expand our operations and need talented
engineers to develop the next generation of fantasy sports
products. Your responsibilities include developing, testing,
maintaining and supporting high performance, scalable, innovative
web-based applications, working in all phases of a rapid product
development lifecycle.  Frequent interface with all aspects of the
product development, including customer service, technical support,
software design, and quality assurance teams.  The entire software
suite is implemented in perl using the Apache web server and
mod_perl.

Requirements:
o 2+ years of experience with CGI/web based programming
o 2+ years of experience with the Perl programming language
o 1+ years of experience with mod_perl
o B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (M.S. a plus)
o Experience developing/designing large software systems
o Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
o Experience with Java and JavaScript is a plus

Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with applicant's education and experience

JUNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Your responsibilities include supporting, testing, developing, and
maintaining high performance, scalable, innovative web-based
applications, working in all phases of a rapid product development
lifecycle.

Requirements:
o Experience with CGI/web based programming
o Experience with the Perl programming language
o B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
o Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
o Experience with Java, JavaScript, Apache web servers and
  especially mod_perl is a plus

Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with applicant's education and experience

Qualified individuals can send their resume to jobs@commissioner.com
(text or URLs only please; URLs preferred).  For more information
contact Peter Pezaris at 212.344.8400 x102.