Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk> on 2010/06/03 10:25:19 UTC

svn:merge and mergeinfo

When I do an svn:merge there are a host of files that I have not
modified that appear to need committing.  I believe it is because they
have the svn:mergeinfo property set on them [1],  To date I have
manually unselected these for commit, and reverted them after
committing my selected files.  Can we remove this property everywhere
it occurs?

Kelvin.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2051267/why-would-svn-merge-of-a-branch-with-no-changes-causes-untouched-files-to-modify

Re: svn:merge and mergeinfo

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:22 AM, kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
>> the post at [1] in about paragraph 5 has some useful insights --- I'm
>> still working through it,  but others may be able to apply more
>> experience and tuscany history to these comments.
>>
>> Kelvin
>>
>> [1] http://chrisoldwood.blogspot.com/2010/03/cleaning-up-svnmergeinfo-droppings.html
>>

> So this does appear to give some insight on how these seemingly
> arbitrary mergeinfo properties have come about, i.e. cherry picked
> changes in subdirectories. It also seems to suggest that removing all
> but the root mergeinfo property is a reasonable option.
>
> Simon

No one has commented saying they can see any problems with removing
the mergeinfo property so i think we should and will go look at how to
get it done.

   ...ant

Re: svn:merge and mergeinfo

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.