Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ti...@atl.frb.org on 2002/12/12 17:59:28 UTC

Context path in Tomcat

Please help on the following problem:

I've installed Tomcat 4.1.12 (with NT service option on and port=8090) and
j2sdk1.4.0 on a server.

1. I  created Authentication-deployable.war in JWSDP-1_0_01 and, after
successful testing,  copied it to Tomcat 4.1.12 /webapps directory. This
WAR contains web service code.

2. In server.xml, I added this line:
<Context path="/Authentication-deployable"
docBase="Authentication-deployable.war" debug="0"/>

3. Restarted the Tomcat NT service. Tomcat automatically creates an
expanded directory named Authentication-deployable.

4. In the browser, I typed
"http://localhost:8090/Authentication-deployable/"
or
"http://localhost:8090/Authentication-deployable/Authentictation?WSDL"

5. This is the error message:

HTTP Status 404. The requested resource is not available.

In the Tomcat manager:

Application: /Authentication-deployable
Running: FALSE

When I click on the START (application) link, I go this error message:

"Fail -Application at context path /Authentication-deployable could not
start"

6. When running tomcat in JWSDP-1_0_01, I enter
"http://localhost:8090/Authentication-deployable/Authentictation?WSDL" in
the browser and then I get a page that says the web service is active.