Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Horn <ma...@agilesrc.com> on 2008/01/03 22:05:59 UTC

BeanEditor & TextArea

I'm sorry if the answer for this is out there, but I have not been
able to find it.  I'm trying to use a BeanEditor and defined a
TextArea for a property instead of the default TextField.

Here is a snip-it form my template file

<form t:type="form" t:id="form">
	  <t:errors />
			<t:parameter name="description">
				<t:label for="description"/>
				<t:textarea t:id="description" cols="80" rows="5"
value="mybean.description"/>
			</t:parameter>
</form>

The problem is that a text field is still displayed no matter what I
do.  Can someone please help me out?

FYI.. using Tapestry 5.0.7

Mark Horn

Re: BeanEditor & TextArea

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
And I've already fixed it (in the 5.0.8 nightly snapshot).

On Jan 3, 2008 6:22 PM, Mark Horn <ma...@agilesrc.com> wrote:
> Thanks Howard.  I have created the bug in JIRA it is
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2013
>

> On 1/3/08, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That is strange, it should work as you have shown it.  I know this
> > behavior works ... there are unit tests to verify it.
> >
> > Ooops, please file a bug.  I see the problem; BeanEditForm supports
> > informal parameters, but BeanEditor does not!
> >
> > On Jan 3, 2008 1:05 PM, Mark Horn <ma...@agilesrc.com> wrote:
> > > I'm sorry if the answer for this is out there, but I have not been
> > > able to find it.  I'm trying to use a BeanEditor and defined a
> > > TextArea for a property instead of the default TextField.
> > >
> > > Here is a snip-it form my template file
> > >
> > > <form t:type="form" t:id="form">
> > >           <t:errors />
> > >                         <t:parameter name="description">
> > >                                 <t:label for="description"/>
> > >                                 <t:textarea t:id="description" cols="80" rows="5"
> > > value="mybean.description"/>
> > >                         </t:parameter>
> > > </form>
> > >
> > > The problem is that a text field is still displayed no matter what I
> > > do.  Can someone please help me out?
> > >
> > > FYI.. using Tapestry 5.0.7
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > --
> > > Mark Horn

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> >
> > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: BeanEditor & TextArea

Posted by Mark Horn <ma...@agilesrc.com>.

Re: BeanEditor & TextArea

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That is strange, it should work as you have shown it.  I know this
behavior works ... there are unit tests to verify it.

Ooops, please file a bug.  I see the problem; BeanEditForm supports
informal parameters, but BeanEditor does not!

On Jan 3, 2008 1:05 PM, Mark Horn <ma...@agilesrc.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry if the answer for this is out there, but I have not been
> able to find it.  I'm trying to use a BeanEditor and defined a
> TextArea for a property instead of the default TextField.
>
> Here is a snip-it form my template file
>
> <form t:type="form" t:id="form">
>           <t:errors />
>                         <t:parameter name="description">
>                                 <t:label for="description"/>
>                                 <t:textarea t:id="description" cols="80" rows="5"
> value="mybean.description"/>
>                         </t:parameter>
> </form>
>
> The problem is that a text field is still displayed no matter what I
> do.  Can someone please help me out?
>
> FYI.. using Tapestry 5.0.7

> Mark Horn

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: BeanEditor & TextArea

Posted by Mark Horn <ma...@agilesrc.com>.
Josh - thanks for the suggestion and link.  Unfortunately the
<t:parameter name="descriptionCell"> still does not work.

I did find this listing that talks about the same issue

http://www.nabble.com/Can-we-use-Text-Area-for-String-field-in-BeanEditor--td13920248.html#a13920248

At the end Howard suggests the use of a new Annotation but that will
not work for me ether as I am not able to put annotations on the bean.

Any other suggestions?  the <t:parameter ... > element I listed below
works great on a BeanEditorForm but not a BeanEditor.

--
Mark Horn
AgileSrc LLC

Ph.  616-723-8918