Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Don Saklad <ds...@gnu.org> on 2019/01/30 20:24:43 UTC

What's available to interpret spamassassin headers?

What's available to interpret spamassassin headers?

Re: What's available to interpret spamassassin headers?

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 15:24 -0500, Don Saklad wrote:
> What's available to interpret spamassassin headers?

Why do you want to interpret them?

Once we know that we may be able to provide more sensible answers, but
in its absence all I can say is awk, C, and Perl.

Here's what I use each for:

- C: a program that looks at messages returned by spamc and decides
  whether its ham (which is passed to my internal MTA for delivery) or
  spam (which is quarantined). It only needs to look at the
  spam/notspam flag but is handling complete mail messages

- Perl: a module run by logwatch which scans maillogs to generate a
  report on the ham and spam seen the previous day

- awk: a script which scans maillogs to analyse spamd performance.

- bash scripts: sometimes combined with grep, provide tools that make
  SA rule development easier.

Martin