Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shanmukha Venkata Sri ChandraSekhar Nallapati <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/26 18:02:19 UTC

Need help regarding removing port number from URL

Hi,

I need a help regarding removing port number from URL.

For example:
Supposing my URL is, http://abcd.com:4040/context-path/gui/.
I wish Apache Tomcat to handle the request on same tomcat process, when
using the url: http://abcd.com/context-path/gui/.
Please help me how i can achieve this and by making what configurations on
what configuration files.

Tomcat Version:Apache-tomcat-6.0.18,
OS:Red Hat 3.4.6-8,
JDK: jdk1.6.0_07

Thank you in advance,
Chandrashekhar

Re: Need help regarding removing port number from URL

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 26/08/2011 17:02, Shanmukha Venkata Sri ChandraSekhar Nallapati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a help regarding removing port number from URL.
>
> For example:
> Supposing my URL is, http://abcd.com:4040/context-path/gui/.
> I wish Apache Tomcat to handle the request on same tomcat process, when
> using the url: http://abcd.com/context-path/gui/.

> Please help me how i can achieve this and by making what configurations on
> what configuration files.

Change the Connector configuration from 4040 to 80.

> Tomcat Version:Apache-tomcat-6.0.18,
> OS:Red Hat 3.4.6-8,
> JDK: jdk1.6.0_07

Upgrade your Tomcat & upgrade your Java.  You have bugs & security
vulnerabilities.