accessing parent component in el

Hello, I know in the backing bean I can get a component's parent...is there a
way I can do it using el?

For example:
<h:outputText value="#{parent.value}/>

Thanks

Re: accessing parent component in el

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Out of the box no. You would have to inject "parent" into a scope. You
cannot even get the current component via EL without some major
hacking.

-Andrew