Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Keil <ke...@gmx.li> on 2002/06/03 13:42:33 UTC

Re: Patch for sunshine portal

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Keil <ke...@gmx.li> wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>The org.apache.cocoon.sunshine.xml.XMLUtil class creates a
>>NullPointerException with J2SDK1.4.
>>
>>I patched the class and it is now working with J2SDK1.4. I have replaced
>>every Node.getLocalName with Node.getNodeName.
>>

>The NPE is caused by the DOM API shipped with the JDK 1.4. In order
>to use Cocoon with JDK 1.4 you have to copy Xalan, Xerces and
>the xml-apis jar files to the lib/endorsed directory of the JRE 1.4.
>Then the correct DOM implementation is used and no NPE occurrs.
>
>The use of getLocalName() is correct as the DOM nodes are DOM Level 2
>nodes and therefore one should use getLocalName() instead of getNodeName().
>
>PS: I'm reading the mails currently from the mail archive at home and fear
>that
>      I can't respond again before monday...
>
>Carsten

I have copied the jar files to the lib/endorsed directory but it still
does not work. I have tried with J2SDK1.4, Tomcat 4.0.4b2, Cocoon
2.1-dev and the jar files from cocoon's lib directory.

Keil

Re: Patch for sunshine portal

Posted by Keil <ke...@gmx.li>.
Now I have located my mistake: the endorsed directory isn't used when
tomcat gets started with the startup script, I think. :-)

Keil