Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2006/03/07 23:26:24 UTC

maven + eclipse build problem

Since the reorg there seem to be dummy packages, now I run into the
problem, that I can compile without errors, because the dummy source
packages are referenced, but I cannot deploy from eclipse for exactly
the same reason, in the builds the dummy packages are renamed to their
real release names, and the compiled classes seem to still reference the
dummy packages (mainly something like _commons)

I have not found a real workaround to this problem yet, does anyone know.

I guess dumping the jars with the dummy packages into the webapp is a no
option, and so far also no luck with the eclipse maven plugin to bypass
this problem :-(

Re: maven + eclipse build problem

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Ok I added the missing info regarding the auto deployment,
and fixed some bugs along the way regarding the eclipse
deployment info in the wiki.
Feel free to correct it, the wiki now should be correct
again regarding MyFaces Maven and Eclipse.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
I think I just solved the problem...

after an mvn eclipse:eclipse
you have to add the entries to the shared jars in the projects throwing
errors.
And then if you want to deploy out of eclipse (myeclipse, wtp etc...)
you have to manually set those jars in tomahawk or any other project
referencing it (tomahawk is a perfect point for doing this)
to export (order and export, the checkbox is export)

then the plugin should pick up the jars and export it automatically at a
deployment.

Yiehaaa..

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.