Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2008/03/21 20:37:41 UTC

ValueParser and Locale - How to integrate?

Hi folks,

I just committed a couple of changes that make the ValueParser locale
aware. Now the question is how to integrate this into the request
handling of Turbine. As discussed before, RunData is locale-aware but
does not actually make use of it. Where used, the actual Locale is
retrieved from the Localization service which is not always what you
want. Unfortunately the setup of RunData happens before the user gets
control.

My proposal would be to initialize the Locale of the parser according to
the default setting of RunData (in TurbineRunDataService.getRunData())
but this would only serve as a preliminary solution. Any better ideas
will be seriously considered.

Bye, Thomas.