Posted to user@spot.apache.org by "Miller, Clifford" <cl...@phoenix-opsgroup.com> on 2017/06/02 15:36:47 UTC

Apache Spot Threat Intel DB??

Does Apache Spot pull in updates from some central DB that defines threat
signatures and/or other pertinent info?  Or is it strictly using the built
in signatures with the addition of its own unsupervised and supervised
machine learning?

Thanks,

--Cliff.

Re: Apache Spot Threat Intel DB??

Posted by "Miller, Clifford" <cl...@phoenix-opsgroup.com>.
Thanks for the quick response.  Mostly curious.  I was thinking that it
would be useful to have a central repository where Spot users could
pull/share analytics and/or signatures from.  Maybe different analytic
models or algorithms that users could choose to use.  Maybe like a plugin
library type thing.  The Apache Spot Open Data Model concept seems to be
focused toward allowing this type of sharing.

--Cliff.

--
Clifford Miller
Mobile | 321.431.9089