Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com> on 2016/11/23 16:28:30 UTC

Apache File Headers

Hi.
When transfering the NetBeans code to Apache, we need to change the file
headers. Currently they look like
http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/file/e98b094d3240/debugger.jpda.truffle/src/org/
netbeans/modules/debugger/jpda/truffle/vars/TruffleSlotVariable.java

I assume the header should change to something like
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant.git;a=blob;f=src/tests/junit/
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/
TraXLiaisonTest.java;h=648e6440ee41a2d9f8c610818431991a8f01b513;hb=8cf0c0bb49bddf92d95b6fa9e41b9b23ada63abf

Is that the right header to use? E.g. shall we put the following text into
header of all NetBeans files?

   1 /*
   2  *  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
   3  *  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
   4  *  this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
   5  *  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version
2.0
   6  *  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
   7  *  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
   8  *
   9  *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
  10  *
  11  *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
  12  *  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
  13  *  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
  14  *  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
  15  *  limitations under the License.
  16  *
  17  */

Thanks for your opinions.
-jt

Re: Apache File Headers

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Hi Jaroslav,

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Jaroslav Tulach
> <ja...@oracle.com> wrote:
> > ...I try to instruct the NetBeans guys to create a branch in our current
> Hg
> > repositories with sources having the Apache heading...
>
> That would be great, thanks!

Indeed, this is awesome. Thanks Jaroslav.

Gj

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Re: Apache File Headers

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Jaroslav,

Re: Apache File Headers

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com>.
On středa 23. listopadu 2016 18:43:36 CET Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> > ...get the code into the repo and then change the
> > headers :)...
>
> +1 and https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html has the details.
>
> It says in there that "the copyright owner (or owner's agent)
> must...change the headers" so I suppose it's better if it's an Oracle
> employee who does those changes, once the code is here.

Thanks Bertrand,
I try to instruct the NetBeans guys to create a branch in our current Hg
repositories with sources having the Apache heading. Then guys like Emilian,
Jan, David can take from there and put the code into Apache Git repository.

Of course, everything oversight by Geertjan and having a proper blessing from
Oracle.
-jt

Re: Apache File Headers

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache File Headers

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
What is "the appropriate Apache 2.0 headers"? Can you provide a pointer to
it or something concrete?

Gj

Re: Apache File Headers

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.