Posted to dev@datafu.apache.org by Matthew Hayes <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 01:39:51 UTC

wiki page for contributing to datafu

I think it's important we have a wiki page that clearly documents:

1) How people can contribute changes to datafu
2) How those changes should be applied by committers

So, I've written the following wiki page with detailed descriptions of
these.  This collects the practices that I have been following lately when
submitting and reviewing code for datafu.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATAFU/Contributing+to+Apache+DataFu

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Another topic I want to bring up is the purpose of the wiki.  I think the
purpose of the wiki should be for documenting practices and giving advice
for contributors and committers.  End users should be able to find all the
information they need in the main website.  If there is information missing
from the website then we should add it.  Likewise contributors and
committers should find all the information they need in the wiki.  The
website should provide some brief information about contributing and
getting started but generally just defer to the wiki for more details.

Thoughts?

-Matt