Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/09/09 02:39:00 UTC

weblogic plugin

Hi,

Does anyone have a weblogic plugin for weblogic 8.1?  The weblogic tasks
I'm looking for are things like the ejbgen tasks and jsp / ejb
validation and compilation?

Thanks
Nathan

Re: weblogic plugin

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com>.
I've found these plugins mentioned

http://www.nordija.dk/opencms/download/maven-weblogic-plugin-src.zip
seems to be concered with starting / stoping server and deployment

http://www.casadeslug.com/mavenmods/docs/
seems to be concered with starting / stoping server and deployment
(can't find download)

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg00091.html
sounds like what I'm after but no plugin available

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg02531.html
maven jelly / ant xml needed to execute weblogic tasks

If anyone is working on plugins like these I'll be more than happy to
contribute.

thanks Nathan

Re: weblogic plugin

Posted by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@wanadoo.fr>.
A 08:39 09/09/2003 +0800, vous avez écrit :
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone have a weblogic plugin for weblogic 8.1?  The weblogic tasks
>I'm looking for are things like the ejbgen tasks and jsp / ejb validation
>and compilation?
>
>Thanks
>Nathan

There have been several proposals to contribute plugins for different
versions of WebLogic... Most of the time they have been ignored, I guess
because of incompatible licences: these plugins obviously need weblogic.jar
in one place or another.

I've developed a very good plugin for WLS 6.1 with a team of another
corporate development team (at AGF Asset Management).
Someone else developed a plugin for WLS 7.0; I had a look at it, and I must
say it performs rather different operations. I guess a realistic future for
these plugins would be to contribute them all to the maven-plugins project
hosted at sourceforge; have different plugins for the different WLS
versions and try to merge / harmonize / match their functionalities.

Hope this helps you...

Cheers,

Jean-François