Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Austin Weidner <we...@comcast.net> on 2005/02/14 07:47:45 UTC

Frustrating spam assassin problem

I've done a lot of SA installs before, but this one is really giving me a
problem.

Basically, unless I put:
dns_available no
In my local.cf file, SA is taking 20-25 seconds to process a message. I
think it is timing out somehow on something DNS related. With dns_available
no in there, it is taking less than 1 second to process. I have Net::DNS
installed with resolver. If I a run a lint without the "dns_available no"
line, it shows this:

debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
debug: Net::DNS version: 0.48
debug: trying (3) linux.org...
debug: looking up NS for 'linux.org'
debug: NS lookup of linux.org succeeded => Dns available (set dns_available
to hardcode)
debug: is DNS available? 1

But then further down it says :

debug: Running tests for priority: 500
debug: RBL: success for 0 of 1 queries
debug: DNS: timeout for ahbl after 15 seconds
debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0xaecf2a8)
implements 'check_post_dnsbl'

Also when I do a lint test, I get about 30 lines of this in the output:

debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0xaecf2a8)
inhibited further callbacks

My resolv.conf (does Net::DNS even use this) is all setup, I can do a
nslookup with no problem.

When I install Net::DNS module, I get the following when doing a "make
test":

t/00-load..................ok
t/00-pod...................skipped
        all skipped: Test::Pod v0.95 required for testing POD
t/00-version...............ok
t/01-resolver-env..........ok
t/01-resolver-file.........ok
        7/8 skipped: Could not read configuration file
t/01-resolver-opt..........ok
t/01-resolver..............ok
t/02-header................ok
t/03-question..............ok

Seems kind of weird. It seems Net::DNS isn't looking at anything. I
downloaded a small tool to run DNS querys with Net::DNS and none of them
work.

Any help please! Spent the last 2 days on this!!