Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> on 2009/10/03 18:55:27 UTC

[ANN] 2.1.8.1 builds available to test

Hello,

I made some changes to the STRUTS_2_1_X branch to address the recent
docs-zip and all-zip problems. The test builds will be available at
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.8.1 please check them out
and make sure all the docs are intact and test the apps, etc.

Notes - I agree with Martin's notion that we should first post the
builds then vote later. But, there were some environmental changes I
had to make. I will have to merge some pom changes to deal with the
struts.apache.org/2.x thing. I turned 2.x into a symlink that points
to the latest GA release and have the poms push their 'site's to the
${pom.version} so I don't stomp the existing 2.x site. This creates a
problem with the copying of the cwiki export, since the GA docs will
be overwritten. In this case we're sort of screwed if we do and
screwed if we don't, so I'm open to suggestions on that. For this
build, please test not only the zips/artifacts, but check the website
to make sure that links didn't get broken and that docs point to what
you would expect.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

RE: [ANN] 2.1.8.1 builds available to test

Posted by Lee Clemens <ja...@leeclemens.net>.
What URL did you download it from?

i download the -all.zip but the file cannot be opened by winzip

Re: [ANN] 2.1.8.1 builds available to test

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.

Posted by Wesley Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Tested with Windows Server 2008 and WinRAR.Fine.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
yeah, working on windows xp with the default zip extract thing, and 7-zip.

musachy

Posted by Lee Clemens <ja...@leeclemens.net>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
That's a good idea, but I'm not sure if I can make that happen.

Right now most of that is automated by apache and I would assume that
all links would be relative, but my concern is that if I can change
the poms to indicate the site was something like
http://people.apache.org/~${user.home} then, the generated site might
contain links that way.

We should test some sort of site staging mechansim. IMO, maven's site
management is teh biggest thing that makes me push release votes
quickly. It updates our sites during the build process and it causes
confusion for users :(

-Wes

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Wes,

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
2009/10/4 Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> i've downloaded all of them (few times) by chrome on win XP and:
> struts-2.1.8.1-src.zip is not opening with default zip utility and
> WinRar and is of size 3196 KB
> struts-2.1.8.1-lib.zip is not opening with default zip utility and
> WinRar and is of size 4796 KB
> struts-2.1.8.1-docs.zip is not opening with default zip utility and
> WinRar and is of size 4796 KB
> struts-2.1.8.1-apps.zip is not opening with default zip utility and
> WinRar and is of size 4796 KB
> struts-2.1.8.1-all.zip is not opening with default zip utility and
> WinRar and is of size 6396 KB
> I have absolutely no idea what is wrong, other downloads are ok on my computer,
> my localization is Poland, central Europe.

Those download sizes are incorrect - all of the files should be larger
than your downloads - so it's not surprising that they don't open
properly. I downloaded them with Chrome 3.0.195.24, and I don't have
any problems, so I'm not sure what is causing download problems for
you.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.