Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rogerio Pereira <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 17:43:52 UTC

Brazilian Portuguese synonyms

Hi guys!

Lucas, I would like know more about your work with support of brazilian
portguese synonyms in solr.

Thanks for any help.

--
Yours truly (Atenciosamente),

Rogério (_rogerio_)
http://faces.eti.br

"Faça a diferença! Ajude o seu país a crescer, não retenha conhecimento,
distribua e aprenda mais." (http://faces.eti.br/?p=45)

Re: searching like RDBMS way

Posted by Norberto Meijome <fr...@meijome.net>.
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:31:43 -0500
Sunil.Sarje@marsh.com wrote:

> This is very general requirement and I am sure somebody might have thought
> about the solution.

Hi Sunil,
- please don't hijack the thread :)

- why don't you use the right tool for the problem? from what you said, a RDBMS sounds like is what you need.

_________________________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Sysadmins can't be sued for malpractice, but surgeons don't have to
deal with patients who install new versions of their own innards.

searching like RDBMS way

Posted by Su...@marsh.com.
This is very general requirement and I am sure somebody might have thought
about the solution.

Sample scenario to explain my question ---

There is a many-to-many relationship between 2 entities - Sales Person &
Client

One sales person can work for many clients.
One Client may be served by many sales persons.

I will have 3 separate index storages.

1. Only for Sales Persons
2. Id combinations for IDs of sales persons and clients  (many-to-many
list)
3. Only for Clients

Query Requirement - > Get all the clients for a given sales person.
For this I need to hook to index 2 and 3 to get the full result.

One immediate solution would be
- Make first query to get client ids from 2nd index
- and then make another query using those client ids to pull client detail
information from 3rd index.

I cannot make 2 separate search calls since there could be thousands of
clients for a sales person.
This results into maxClause count error. I know how to increase it but not
a good solutions.

Thanks
Sunil
This e-mail transmission and any attachments that accompany it may
contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for
the use of the individual(s) to whom it was intended to be addressed.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, or you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or other use or retention of this communication or its
substance is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please immediately reply to the author via e-mail that you
received this message by mistake and also permanently delete the
original and all copies of this e-mail and any attachments from your
computer. Thank you.

Re: Brazilian Portuguese synonyms

Posted by Rogerio Pereira <ro...@gmail.com>.
Yes!