Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org> on 2005/03/22 10:09:21 UTC

Re: [SPAM] RE: [SPAM] Problem downloading Kerberos project source

roy.debashis@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi Enrique,

<snip/>
> I tried looking at the JAAS based login. Looks like for using JAAS based
> login I need to configure the realm and the kdc
> (java.security.krb5.realm and java.security.krb5.kdc).
> Can I use the Apache Kerberos implementation and Directory for using
> with JAAS? I have not been able to figure out how to setup the Apache
> Kerberos plugin with the Directory Server. Can you help me with this?
> I do not have access to any commercial KDC or Directory Server :((. I
> will have to use whatever open source help I can get (that is why I am
> such a great Apache fan).

Hi, Roy,

We will be releasing a 0.9 binary by the end of this week that will
include, for the first time, the Kerberos provider.  We will be
releasing 0.9 in binary, so that will be by far the easiest way to be up
and running with ApacheDS with LDAP + Kerberos.

The 0.9 Apache Directory will work just fine with JAAS.

-enrique