Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> on 2005/07/23 05:38:24 UTC

RC4 Prep and Release Notes

Craig (et al. . .),

Thanks for your work on all the bugs.  I think are looking very nice for
an RC4 to be cut on Sunday.  I forgot that I've got all day plans on
Sunday, so I probably won't get around to the release until Sunday
night.  Let's plan to make the cut-off around 4PM EST Sunday.

Here is the todo list:

1) Issue 131 - I'm working now
2) Update Release Notes
3) Update Site
4) Global Find and Replace changing RC3 to RC4 - I will do on Sunday

What else?

David

Re: RC4 Prep and Release Notes

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Elliot. I think it will be better to provide a document telling
user to modify Tomcat's server.xml by hand after deploying pluto.

ZHENG Zhong

--

ZHENG Zhong
heavyzheng.AT.gmail.com <http://heavyzheng.AT.gmail.com>

Re: RC4 Prep and Release Notes

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Hey all,

Working well for me as of r224645 -- thanks for all of the efforts.

Now to drop rc4 into uPortal...

Thanks!
Elliot

Posted by Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>.
Thanks Elliot,

David, can you add something to GettingStarted.html and install.xml to
explaining what you did in server.xml and how it needs to be replicated
in non-Tomcat 5.5 environments?

TIA
/Craig

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Great!

I'll remove my hack before the build.

David

Posted by Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>.
David,

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
David Craig, Everyone:

Posted by Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>.
Thank you Zhong,

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Since using cross context sessions requires 5.5 or above, are we ok with
this or do I need to make this more intelligent about versions?

David

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi, there,

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>.

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

> 1) Issue 131 - I'm working now

Done!

> 2) Update Release Notes

Halfway Done.  Craig, could you add what you've completed.

> 3) Update Site

I'm specifically talking about adding content around our status, etc. .
.I've done some basics but would like to see more if anyone has time.

> 4) Global Find and Replace changing RC3 to RC4 - I will do on Sunday

Done!

If there's anything else anyone can think about, let me know.

David