Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Prakash Hosalli <pr...@syncoms.com> on 2014/09/18 11:48:10 UTC

Hive or phoenix

Hi,

                I am in dilemma to  go ahead with Hive or phoenix.

                My requirement is achieving  "Low Latency" for the query.

                I went through both one with suitable records of data and I got following output.

1.       Hive ran all aggregation query with help of MR and took around 5 Mins (approximately) with 1 Lakh of data.(With join, where clause, AND).

2.       Same query with Phoenix it took less than 30 seconds.

But, Phoenix is not support its own security layer, which is concern to me. I need some clarification on following points

1.       Is it possible to run MR as a pre-complied one rather than on fly. If yes, then what are the step to take to fulfil this one.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Prakash Hosalli

Re: Hive or phoenix

Posted by Devopam Mittra <de...@gmail.com>.
Ever tried Presto for simpler , yet faster alternative option ?
Might help if used in conjunction with hive (i repeat it is not a
replacement, but a complement)

regards
Dev

--