Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@altavista.com> on 2001/01/17 19:01:30 UTC

Tools for developing SOAP services using NetBeans?

I am interested in tools for users who are
developing Apache SOAP services using NetBeans.

(See http://www.netbeans.org for more information
on the NetBeans IDE.)

Are others using NetBeans to develop Apache
SOAP services? What tools would be useful for that?

I think that the following tools would be useful:

1) It would be nice if the internal TomCat server
that is bundled with NetBeans were to include the
Apache SOAP jar file, pre-installed and pre-configured
in the server.xml configuration file. This would
avoid having to run a separate copy of TomCat.

2) It would be nice if there were some simple
integration of the Apache SOAP administration tools
(deploy, undeploy, and list services) with NetBeans.
So that, for example, you could select one of your
Java classes and choose "deploy to SOAP server" from
a menu.

3) It would be nice if there were some tools for
working with WSDL (Web Services Description Language).
For example, tools to generate WSDL from Java classes,
and tools to generate simple Java Beans from WSDL.

Are there other such tools that would be useful?

How do I get in touch with other people who are
working on developing such tools for NetBeans?

thanks,

bryan

http://www.shopping.altavista.com