Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Paul Worrall <pa...@mjw-handling.co.uk> on 2003/06/04 09:58:52 UTC

timeout after long period of idleness

Hi,

I am using ojb-0.9.5 for persistence in a servlet application running
under Tomcat 4.1.12 on Java 1.4.0_1.  The database is MySQL and I used
3.23.51 without any problems but a recent upgrade to 4.0.12 has
introduced a problem where OJB seems to loose its connections/ability to
connect after a long period of idleness.  Long period is between 5 to 8
hours.

Has anyone experience this problem?

Kind regards,

Paul Worrall
Architect | Director

Apcentric Limited

The Soft Science of J2EE Deployment

m: +44 (0) 77 1133 0213
w: www.apcentric.com <http://www.apcentric.com/>

Any opinions expressed in the email are those of the individual and not
necessarily of the company.  This email and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.
It may contain material protected by attorney-client privilege.  If you
are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering to
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this email in error please notify the IT manager.

Re: timeout after long period of idleness

Posted by Michael Schulze <mi...@t-systems.com>.
Hi,

i had the same problem with ojb and mysql. i solved it by adding
"?autoReconnect=true" to the jdbc url:

dbalias="//ipaddress:3306/dbname?autoReconnect=true

hope that helps,

Michael