Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Aditya exalter <ad...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/14 10:51:38 UTC

How do secondary name node get files from name node

can i get complete details of how sec name node gets fsimage and edits file
from name node through http get and http post with addressing from memory.

Re: How do secondary name node get files from name node

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
SNN does not fetch data of NN from memory. It copies off of the stored
edits and fsimage files at the NN at the time of checkpoint request.

The link I pointed to you has the current stable source, you should be
able to read it for more details. Note that none of this is public
API.

--
Harsh J

Re: How do secondary name node get files from name node

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: How do secondary name node get files from name node

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: How do secondary name node get files from name node

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: How do secondary name node get files from name node

Posted by Aditya exalter <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aditya exalter <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aditya exalter <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aditya exalter <ad...@gmail.com>.