Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Ian F. Darwin" <ia...@darwinsys.com> on 2005/04/06 20:21:58 UTC

VOTE on final TLP draft

>> BTW, the struts project recently went through this and ended up with
>> I think
>> are a decent set of by-laws.

>>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Tomcat PMC be and hereby is
>>        tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>>        encourage open development and increased participation in the
>>        Apache Tomcat Project; and be it further

OK, so the Resolutions mean we don't have to decide on our "set of
bylaws" just yet.

That being the case, if there is nothing more to discuss over the set of
Resolutions, should we just have the initial PMC members vote on it and
send it to the Board for approval?  This does not need to be a secret
ballot since it's just pro/con, so we should be able to move quickly.  I
volunteer to be vote counter this time. I'd like to propose:
    simple majority (11) of initial PMC list constitutes approval to
send resolutions to the Board.
    48 hour time limit (+ a few to make it an even time), so vote ends at:
         1700 Eastern Time,  Friday, April 8, 2005.
    Any one of the initial PMC list that I haven't heard from at the
half-way point gets ONE
       nag by email at their email address as in the resolution.

The official wording of this ballot is:
    To approve sending the Resolutions, as posted by Remy Maucherat
    earlier today (specifically Message-Id: <42...@apache.org>),
    to the Board of Directors of the Apache Software Foundation.

In case there's any doubt, my vote is +1. :-)

RE: VOTE on final TLP draft

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@MIT.EDU>.
Hi,

> That being the case, if there is nothing more to discuss over the set of
> Resolutions, should we just have the initial PMC members vote on it and
> send it to the Board for approval?  This does not need to be a secret
> ballot since it's just pro/con, so we should be able to move quickly.  I

No, this is a vote that needs to take place on general@jakarta (you're right
that it needs not be secret), and is open to Jakarta [the current TLP] PMC
members.

The rest of the stuff (time, vote counting, etc.) is fine by me, no big deal
anyways.

Yoav