Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Peregrin PREISEL <pe...@gmx.at> on 2004/02/15 22:42:55 UTC

Where do I have to put the .jar-Archives

Hello!

I use Win XP and the Java SDK 1.4. I want to test creating a .svg using
the generator. I'm rather new to Java and until now I've never used
SDK-foreign packages. For example, if I have an application using:

*****

import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.io.Writer;
import java.io.OutputStreamWriter;
import java.io.IOException;
import org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2D;
import org.apache.batik.dom.GenericDOMImplementation;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation;

*****

...there are several packages taken from batik. But I only have the
downloaded .jar files like:

js.jar, batik-awt-util.jar, batik-bridge.jar, ..... and so on.

Copying them to the lib-directory of the SDK doesnt work. I get error
messages like these:

TestSVGGen.java:6: package org.apache.batik.svggen does not exist

Can you help me, please (after searching in many tutorials I've not
found out, how the application could find the packages, I'm sure, it's
just too easy to explain, but I don't know!)?

Thanks, Peregrin.

Re: Where do I have to put the .jar-Archives

Posted by Magic Finger <ma...@gmx.de>.
Hello Michael,

this should work, if you put the batik .jar files to the same directory
where your java-application resides:

java -classpath
"your.java-app.jar;batik-svggen.jar;batik-svg-dom.jar;batik-dom.jar;batik-ex
t.jar;batik-xml.jar;batik-util.jar;batik-awt-util.jar"
your.java-app.main.class

Best regards,
Maik