Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Bartlett, David HLTH:EX" <Da...@gov.bc.ca> on 2006/02/01 21:35:52 UTC

xml delimiters

Hi,

	Im relatively new to xmlbeans. We have a new project that uses a number
of complex xsd's. We started looking into JAXB but abandoned it when we found it
couldnt handle the complexity. Xmlbeans was by far the only one that could handle our xsd's.
However, there is one minor item that I am having problems with.

	We have an address complex type comprised of the usual child elements (city, postal code, etc).
The problem is that to handle address lines we are required to use delimiters.

			<Addr>
				123 Bogus Street<delimiter/>
				Apt 456<delimiter/>
				<city>Anywhere</city>
				<postalcode>1a2b3c</postalcode>
			</Addr>

	For incoming xml documents I can extract the delimiter values using xml cursor. However,
I cant figure out how to create the delimiters for outgoing xml documents. If I use the insertelement
method of xmlcursor it creates the standard element

			<delimiter>123 Bogus Street </delimiter>

	which we dont want. If use the insertChars method of xmlcursor to insert the
text and closing tag

			insertChars("123 Bogus Street<delimiter/>")

		It converts the "<" into &lt; so the end result looks like the following (odd that it doesnt conver the > as well).

				123 Bogus Street&lt;delimiter/>

		Does anyone know how I can create my delimter element?

	David Bartlett
	IT Advisory Professional
	Contracted Resource to: Managed Operations, KMT
	Ministry of Health
	Tel: (250) 952-6462  Fax: (250) 952-6893
      Email: David.Bartlett@gov.bc.ca