Posted to user@roller.apache.org by ratnamg <ra...@iname.com> on 2008/02/08 03:57:21 UTC

Help with Installation

Hi.
I am trying to install apache Roller 4.0 on Suse 10.3, Apache and Tomcat
5.5. I have installed the latest jdk from sun.

I seem to be getting this error.

ERROR 2008-02-07 19:27:19,274 StandardContext:listenerStart - Exception
sending context initialized event to listener instance of class
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gnu/inet/util/Logger
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory$1.run(MailSessionFactory.java:148)
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory.getObjectInstance(MailSessionFactory.java:105)
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:140)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
        at
org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:137)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:179)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:920)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:519)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1220)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:457)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
        at
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.check(ManagerServlet.java:1397)
        at
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:815)
        at
org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.deployInternal(HTMLManagerServlet.java:249)
        at
org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:96)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

Re: Help with installation

Posted by ratnamg <ra...@iname.com>.
Thanks.. That worked... Appreciate the help...

Re: Help with installation

Posted by Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com>.

Re: Help with installation

Posted by ratnamg <ra...@iname.com>.

Gabe Wong wrote:

> Could you please provide the complete roller-custom.properties. Also
> what is the path that it was placed in?
>
> ratnamg wrote:
>> Yes the connect string says rollerdb.. The posting had a typo
>>

>> Gabe Wong wrote:
>>
>>> so the connection string in the properties file says
>>>
>>> jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rollerdb?autoReconnect=true
>>> AND NOT
>>> jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/roller?autoReconnect=true
>>> as in your previous message?

>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Gabe Wong
>>> NGASI AppServer Manager
>>> JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
>>>  http://www.ngasi.com http://www.ngasi.com
>>> NEW! 8.0 - Centrally manage multiple physical servers
>>>

> --
> Regards
>
> Gabe Wong
> NGASI AppServer Manager
> JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
>  http://www.ngasi.com http://www.ngasi.com
> NEW! 8.0 - Centrally manage multiple physical servers

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15367336/roller-custom.properties
roller-custom.properties

Re: Help with Installation

Posted by Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com>.

Re: Help with Installation

Posted by ratnamg <ra...@iname.com>.

Re: Help with Installation

Posted by Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com>.

Re: Help with Installation

Posted by ratnamg <ra...@iname.com>.

Re: Help with Installation

Posted by ratnamg <ra...@iname.com>.

database name is rollerdb

Re: Help with Installation

Posted by Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com>.

Re: Help with Installation

Posted by ratnamg <ra...@iname.com>.
[...]

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:171)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:926)

Re: Help with Installation

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
It looks like you have a copy of the GNU Java Mail jar in your classpath
and you are getting that implementation.

I'd recommend instead using the Sun Java Mail implementation
(http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/) as it is tested by more Roller
users.   Since you are using JDK 6 you already have the Sun JAF which is
its only dependency.

Alternatively, you could try to complete the GNU dependencies which
include the GNU JAF and  GNU inetlib.  The dependencies are described on
the GNU JavaMail page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/javamail/javamail.html. Have
never tried this one myself.

--a.