Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Singer <th...@syntevo.com> on 2017/05/03 11:36:55 UTC

Umlauts on OS X

Hi all,

There is the well-known umlaut bug on OS X in SVN since 2005

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-2464>

Are there any plans to finally solve this topic somehow in the near
future (e.g. for 1.10) or are there too much concerns regarding
upgrading existing repositories and breaking something?

Maybe it would be a good time to treat 1.10 as a large bug-fix release
(duplicate hash fix, OS X umlaut fix, ...)?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

RE: Umlauts on OS X

Posted by Markus Schaber <m....@codesys.com>.
Hi, Thomas,

From: Thomas Singer [mailto:thomas.singer@syntevo.com]
> There is the well-known umlaut bug on OS X in SVN since 2005
>
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-2464>
>
> Are there any plans to finally solve this topic somehow in the near future
> (e.g. for 1.10) or are there too much concerns regarding upgrading existing
> repositories and breaking something?

I don't know of any current plans, but I think sensible patches are always welcome. :-)

> Maybe it would be a good time to treat 1.10 as a large bug-fix release
> (duplicate hash fix, OS X umlaut fix, ...)?

According to this issue comment and the article linked there, the problem may "solve itself" with the upcoming migration to APFS:
https://github.com/vgough/encfs/issues/316#issuecomment-289208781

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber@codesys.com | Web: http://www.codesys.com | CODESYS store: http://store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: http://forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.