Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "G. Wade Johnson" <wa...@abbnm.com> on 2003/04/02 00:48:15 UTC

JDBCRealm magic table names?

I just spent two hours tracking down a problem caused by new Oracle
tables we created for my application. I'm running Tomcat 4.1.18 with
Java 1.4.1.

Our DBA created tables for my system to use with authentication thru
the JDBCRealm. I populated the table and attempted to log in. The
system consistently refused my login.

After digging in the source of JDBCRealm, I found that no matter what
I did, the request for the password would return null if the name of
the table is 'WEB_USER'. If I change the name of the table, everything
works.

Does this make sense to anyone?

I can have the table name changed, but I'd like to know why that
name is special.

G. Wade