Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gareth Nolan <ga...@virgin.net> on 2003/04/13 12:54:16 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.24 and Mod_jk2 Problem

Hi,

I've been struggling for days now to get tomcat to start up using the mod_jk2 connector and hopefully someone on this group can help.

I compiled the above tomcat version and also the tomcat connectors distribution hoping to use Jni. Unfortunately, when I start tomcat I get the following error in the catalina log:

INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so : undefined symbol ap_scoreboard_image

I'm using Apache 2.0.45 on a Redhat 8.0 system with jdk 1.4.1_02. I can post more details later i.e. jk2.properties etc..., if necessary but I thought I'd see if there was anything obvious I was doing wrong first.

Thanks,

Gareth

Re: Tomcat 4.1.24 and Mod_jk2 Problem

Posted by =?�so-8859-9?q?=C7a=F0=FDl=20=DEeker?= <ca...@biznet.com.tr>.
I was just posting a similar mail :) .. just Tomcat is v5 for me. Reading the
documentation on the net, I am just totally confused on how to do it right at
once (TM).

The binary packages do not exist on jakarta.apache.org for jk2 for linux, but
for Windozes they are (strange thing).

The documentation is somehow cryptic about jk issue. I wish there was a single
HOW-TO that describes the mod_jk2 for once and all.