Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ewan Makepeace <ew...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/06 13:54:05 UTC

Small request

We feeble Windows users are quite fond of double clicking on batch files to
execute them rather than opening an MS-DOS window, CD'ing multiple times to
the desired directory and then typing in the name of a batch file.

To create the sample Turbine app you first run 'newapp.bat <appname>' then
later 'build-project.bat init'.

It looks to me that if you just double click on newapp you get an app called
newapp, which is OK.  I was wondering whether it would be possible to set
'init' as the default target for build project so that it could just be
double clicked?

Pathetic I know...

Ewan

Re: Small request

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
"Chris Campbell" <ca...@zodiacnetworks.com> writes:

> Please no. If you really want something like this write your own batch file,
> please. It's an easy on-liner:
>
> .\build-turbine.bat init

It might actually make sense for TDK users to have such a batch file
come stock.  I suggest init-turbine.bat.  Any dissentors?

Daniel

Re: Small request

Posted by Chris Campbell <ca...@zodiacnetworks.com>.
Please no. If you really want something like this write your own batch file,
please. It's an easy on-liner:

.\build-turbine.bat init

Chris

Re: Small request

Posted by Will Stranathan <wi...@thestranathans.com>.
I'm one of those "feeble" Windows users, and I take offense to your remark.

However, I believe the reason that init is not the default target for the
build file is that you'll PROBABLY run it MUCH less frequently than the
compile target.

If it hurts too much, you're welcome to set HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command
Processor\PathCompletionChar to 9

And if it still hurts too much, you're welcome to make a PIF for it.

Will