Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/23 11:01:03 UTC

Weekly Status update

Hi all,
Since I am still in Australia, I will not be able to attend our weekly
meeting. Here are my updates:

1. Condor ClassAd Data Parser
Implemented the test cases and ran them in parallel with the original c++
parser. The results were compared to determine success and failure.
The first set of unit tests (153 tests that test object behavior and
expression parsing) all pass without any failed test cases.
The second set of tests (48 pass out of 200 tests pass) is mostly about
testing the built in functions of ClassAd functions. I will continue the
remaining tests next.

2. CIKM 2015 (Conference of Information and Knowledge Management)
Attended CIKM 2015, Prepared a presentation about external data in
AsterixDB and presented the work. It was well received and I believe it
stood out among the first set of scalability papers.

Cheers,
Amoudi, Abdullah.