Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Alex Ceponkus <al...@ceponkus.org> on 2002/01/14 09:37:07 UTC

[jUDDI-developers] AuthN vs AuthZ (was: First cut at jUDDI high-level diagrams)

Not sure if the authentication module encompasses authorization, if not,
then I think we need an AuthZ module also.  Some organizations might want to
provide further details about who can read/modify individual uddi entries
scoped within a business.  As a first pass, we can implement a simple authz
module that just gives access to all the entries for a given business to
anybody that gets authenticated by the authn module (which is what I think
would happen the way things are now.)  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Alex

RE: [jUDDI-developers] AuthN vs AuthZ (was: First cut at jUDDI high-level diagrams)

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@steveviens.com>.
Alex, sounds good! :)

Care to take a shot at writing up a use case so we're all understand the
issue?

(as time allows of course)

Steve

Posted by Alex Ceponkus <al...@ceponkus.org>.

[jUDDI-developers] RE: AuthN vs AuthZ (was: First cut at jUDDI high-level diagrams)

Posted by William Z Pope <zp...@pobox.com>.
I agree, this was my expectation all along.

=bill