Posted to user@click.apache.org by Larry Bunton <la...@yahoo.com.au> on 2010/10/12 00:38:32 UTC

CAPTCHA support using reCAPTCHA

Hi All,

I have created a wiki page on integrating reCAPTCHA into your Click web pages.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLICK/reCAPTCHA
 Cheers

Larry Bunton

Re: Click menus on IE6

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
On 27/10/2010 05:00, Roy Bailey wrote:
> Tit was the id of the menu div that was at fault as you said.

Ah nods, the quickstart macro.vm has a hard coded value.

I've opened a JIRA[1] for this and other improvements.

Kind regards

Bob

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-723

Re: Click menus on IE6

Posted by Roy Bailey <te...@roybailey.info>.
Thanks Bob, it was the id of the menu div that was at fault as you said.

Re: Click menus on IE6

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roy,

Click menus on IE6

Posted by Roy Bailey <te...@roybailey.info>.
Just tried my click prototype at work and found in IE6 (yes - I have to
support it) the menu renders the top bar only but you don't get the drop
down menus when you move over them.  Any ideas?  I see some mention of a
fix-menu-ie6.js in the javadoc but it looks unrelated to the problem.

thanks...Roy

Re: Click evaluation questions

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
On 16/10/2010 05:45, Roy Bailey wrote:

> Good to see I have nothing to worry about and will try to contribute as best I can.

Great to hear.

Bob

Re: Click evaluation questions

Posted by Roy Bailey <te...@roybailey.info>.
I agree entirely. It was more the out-of-date/lack of roadmap/blog
updates on the main site since 2.2 that caused concern, where frequent
activity here might have eased that concern.

Posted by Beto <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Roy!
If you are familiar with Maven you may try this click maven
archetype(it is the template for Click Start Guide[1] ):

svn checkout http://construtor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/maven-archetype-click
mca
cd mca
mvn clean install    [INSTALL IT LOCALLY]
cd ..
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local     [CREATE A NEW CLICK PROJECT]
... complete the arguments
groupId : com.company
artifactId : my-sample-click
version : 1.0-SNAPSHOT
package : com.company.app
Then ..
cd my-sample-click
mvn jetty:run               [RUN THE APP]

The menu control are not enabled by default, but you can enable it per
http://localhost:8080/home.htm instructions.

Hth,

Gilberto

[1]http://click.apache.org/docs/quick-start.html

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
On 16/10/2010 05:42, Roy Bailey wrote:

> public boolean isUserInRoles() {

> return false;
> }
>
> This is all expected behavior, my bad. Just one of those scenarios where you spend a lot of time
> finding out the state of your settings is out-of-sync. The combination of having role checking
> active without defining any roles on each menu item quietly suppresses the entire menu. Maybe this
> method could/should throw an exception if called when getRoles().size() == 0 ? Not sure if this
> would be undesirable but it would alert a user the menu item will never be accessed.

You bring up a good point. #isUserInRoles doesn't support unprotected menu items (items without
roles). Instead of raising an exception the method could invoke AcessController#hasAccess with
either a null or empty string. That way unprotected (public) menu items can be handled in a central
place.

But does it make sense to ask if the user has access to nothing (null or "")? I can see arguments
for both. The servlet spec isn't explicit about how to handle nulls[1] either. Testing in Tomcat 6,
request.isUserInRole(null) returned false, similar to Click's current behavior.

Bob

[1]:
http://download.oracle.com/javaee/1.2.1/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#isUserInRole%28java.lang.String%29

Re: Click evaluation questions

Posted by Roy Bailey <te...@roybailey.info>.
The writeMenu macro has the extra call to check the user roles:
#if ($topMenu.isUserInRoles() || $topMenu.isUserInChildMenuRoles())
where the sample application has removed this line

So I dug a little further to see why the use of my own AccessController
was not getting called, and found the Menu.isUserInRoles() method
returns false when no roles have been defined in menu.xml. The below for
loop does nothing and so the method returns false:

public boolean isUserInRoles() {
if (getAccessController() == null) {
String msg = "Menu accessController has not been defined";
throw new IllegalStateException(msg);
}

HttpServletRequest request = getContext().getRequest();

for (int i = 0, size = getRoles().size(); i < size; i++) {
String rolename = getRoles().get(i);
if (getAccessController().hasAccess(request, rolename)) {
return true;
}
}

return false;
}

This is all expected behavior, my bad. Just one of those scenarios where
you spend a lot of time finding out the state of your settings is
out-of-sync. The combination of having role checking active without
defining any roles on each menu item quietly suppresses the entire menu.
Maybe this method could/should throw an exception if called when
getRoles().size() == 0 ? Not sure if this would be undesirable but it
would alert a user the menu item will never be accessed.

thanks…Roy

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roy,

Posted by Roy Bailey <te...@roybailey.info>.

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roy,

Re: CAPTCHA support using reCAPTCHA

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Great work Larry! Thanks for the contribution.

Kind regards

Bob