Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/10 15:54:52 UTC

Documentation.

Now I have come full circle. I started out looking at
MyFaces because of its features, couldn't get it
going, went to Sun's RI got it to work now I need to
for some sort of documentation for how to use the
features in MyFaces and was not able to find much.

Thanks

Glenn

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Documentation. -- Tree tag

Posted by No Galz <an...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your mail.

Bug added with key "MYFACES-11"

Regards,
fargo

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69709&package_id=68729

=== message truncated ===

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

Re: Documentation. -- Tree tag

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.

--
Oliver Rossmueller
Software Engineer and IT-Consultant

Re: Documentation. -- Tree tag

Posted by Nicolas Arni-Bloch <Ni...@cui.unige.ch>.
Thanks I look at saveState end restoreState and see where the bug was.
I have reported the bug (bugKey = MYFACES-9).
Best regards
Nicolas

Re: Documentation. -- Tree tag

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.
Nicolas,

Re: Documentation. -- Tree tag

Posted by Nicolas Arni-Bloch <Ni...@cui.unige.ch>.
Hi,

Re: Tabbed Pane Question

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
fargo,
There is a TabChangeEvent, that is fired on each tab change.
Please try to register a listener with the <x:tabChangeListener> tag.
Syntax and usage is similar to the ActionListener.

HTH,
Manfred

Tabbed Pane Question

Re: Documentation. -- Tree tag

Posted by No Galz <an...@yahoo.com>.
Hii Manfred,

RE: Wiki ( was RE: Documentation.)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Manfred,

yes of course. the myfaces-wiki is nice!
But one inside of Apache would be better...
Perhaps someone who's out in web, knows
details for creating that ;-)

Greetings,
Matthias

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Master/Detail Doc underway (Question)

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
Glenn Davidson wrote:
> I am working on documenting how to do a Master/detail
> relationship. I have gone through the source code and
> found the two keep commands I need to work with:
>
> updateActionListener
>
> saveState
>
> I found these in the src code and after reviewing
> them, it appears their behavior is:
>
> updateActionListener; A property is defined for a
> target class and is assigned a value. The method uses
> ValueBinding to detemine the root class. The values
> from the source object are passed (converted) to the
> target object and the target object is saved to the
> FacesContext.
>
> saveState; populates the curent Managed bean from the
> one stored in the updateActionListener command.
>
> Is this correct? Is there more to it then that?

1. updateActionListener
Purpose is to set a bean property to a certain value when an action is
fired. As you guessed, this enables a master page to easily set the
necessary attributes for a detail page. Common use case is to use the
primary key of the current row in the master list as value and set the
primary key in the detail model bean.

2. saveState
The <x:saveState> tag is generally useful if you are using client-side
state saving. In client-side state saving all the model beans would lose
their values on every request. With the convenient <x:saveState> tag it
is possible to save the bean (which must therefore be Serializable of
course) together with the component states in the client state, so that
it gets a similiar behaviour as a server-side bean, that is saved in the
servlet session. Even better: the bean will never loose the state that
it had during a certain response. Using browser back, the bean will
always have the same state, again and again. You know, browser back with
server-side beans is always a big problem, because you might get
requests for a historic page while the corresponding bean is already in
a completely different state.

HTH,
Manfred

RE: Antwort: Re: Back Button problems

Posted by Arinaya <ar...@realidea.ca>.
OK. I started deleting things a little more ruthlessly in my Tomcat
directories, and got it working.

But I still get a java.io.NotSerializableException when running with client
side state saving. So I raised a bug on Jira.

I find it hard to believe that everyone who uses MyFaces is forced to use
server-side state saving. Is this the case? Is the cause of the
NotSerializableException known?

Maybe I will just switch to RI.

Thanks,
arinaya

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Heath Borders-Wing <he...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!  This had been confusing me for some time.  That makes perfect sense.

Posted by Arinaya <ar...@realidea.ca>.
Thanks Oliver,

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.

--

Posted by ch...@globus.ch.

        An:     MyFaces Discussion <my...@incubator.apache.org>

Re: Back Button problems

Posted by Heath Borders-Wing <he...@gmail.com>.

RE: Back Button problems

Posted by Arinaya <ar...@realidea.ca>.

Re: Back Button problems

Posted by Heath Borders-Wing <he...@gmail.com>.

RE: Back Button problems

Posted by Arinaya <ar...@realidea.ca>.
Ok that makes sense.

Re: Back Button problems

Posted by Heath Borders-Wing <he...@gmail.com>.
I tried the same thing.

Back Button problems

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.

wrote:

> A Wiki would be great.  I would love to make
> contributions to some of
> the files, we could even have pitfals to watch out
> for when extending
> components.  I know I need those right now!
>

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:11:47 +0100, Matthias
> Wessendorf
> <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> wrote:
> > Manfred, Glenn, others :-)
> >
> > Well for Apache projects there is the possibility
> > for using an *own* Wiki.
> >
> > I would recommend to use a Wiki for user-doc.
> > IF a wiki is online, Glenn could
> > edit the pages. If something is
> > wrong, not complete, etc. others
> > could change it.
> >
> > The Geronimo folks are going the
> > same way for their user-doc!
> >
> > Any comments?
> > Matthias

=== message truncated ===

Posted by Heath Borders-Wing <he...@gmail.com>.

Wiki ( was RE: Documentation.)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Manfred, Glenn, others :-)

Re: Documentation.

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.
Manfred,

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Documentation.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
Glenn,
Thanks for your interest and yes, sorry, we do not have much
documentation. My time is very limited at the moment (new project that
takes all my time) and so I fear I will not be able to help make it
better. There is the feature list on our homepage, that explains some
important points and of course there is the sourcecode as Frédéric

RE: Documentation.

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.

RE: Documentation.

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.
Excellent!!! Thanks you very much!!! Now it is time to
go mining the code.....

RE: Documentation.

Posted by AUGE Frédéric GC EUR <fr...@globecast.com>.
You can find them here