Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Fallon, Richard" <ri...@atosorigin.com> on 2011/05/06 15:34:22 UTC

Qpid Default Configuration

Hello,

Is it possible to change some of the default settings used when a queue
is created, note I do not mean override them at runtime?

So currently if a queue is created the default policy when the queue
size is exceeded is to block the producer so no more data arrives.  This
is not acceptable in my system.  I would like all queues that are
created to be created with the default policy_type of RING, so the
producer is never blocked.  However all my queues are created
dynamically by the consumers using the AMQP syntax, ideally I would
prefer not to rely on the consumers to create the queues with a RING
policy.

So what I would like is for all queues to be created at runtime to use a
RING policy, without having to over-ride it at runtime.  Can I change
the default policy to be RING?

Thanks

Richard

Posted by "Fallon, Richard" <ri...@atosorigin.com>.

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for the tip, that sounds exactly what we want.

If you don't hear anything from me - it means it works for us!

Richard

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.